Welcome to another On Display Monday link party!
Thank you to everyone who linked up this past week! We had a fantastic turnout for the first co-hosted party!
Let me introduce you to your host and lovely co-hosts!
Randi @ Sowdering About
Heather @ Frugal Fit Family
Shannon @ Bella Caiden
Britney @ The Princess & Her Cowboys
Please be sure to visit their blogs and thank them for co-hosting!
Here’s how it works: when you link up on one blog, it will show up on ALL FIVE BLOGS! That’s a lot of extra exposure for you. Also, since there are five co-hosts, there will be five features each week! Not only will the features be shown on each blog, but they will be posted to all five Facebook pages, and on our collective Pinterest board.
I’m a little sad to say that the One Crafty Contest has come to a close. It’s been so much fun participating. I made it all the way to the end (I still can’t believe it!). Our final round had to feature burlap.
This was my entry along with the description I submitted:
“I’ve honestly never used burlap before. I wanted to sew it, but I wasn’t sure how easy it would be. I used 100% natural jute burlap. It’s a lot stiffer than the normal kind, but my sewing machine held up! I did not use a pattern. This is an original design just for the contest. I don’t like sewing with patterns anyway. It takes away from the creative process!
The purse has a burlap band on the front and back, a burlap flower, and burlap bottom and sides. I used gathering stitches to make the fabric gather randomly. It is lined with the blue material and has an inner pocket made with the flower material. The straps are a mixture of fabric and beading supplies. It closes with fabric ties.
The hard coin purse is made out of 2 large upcycled juice lids. I covered each lid with batting and fabric and joined them with a zipper. It has a green ribbon tab to make it easy to open. I made a burlap flower for the top to match the purse.
I also made a multipurpose zip bag. It has lining made with the blue fabric with several dividers and credit card holders made with the flower fabric. I sewed a burlap band on the front. It can be used as a wallet, a cosmetic bag, or as a separate clutch.
It’s hard to believe that this is the last craft for the contest. I’ve had so much fun participating!”
When voting for the final round was over, it was time to vote for the places. I was already in the top 3, which means I already placed. I’m pleased to say I took second and am so happy about it!! Also, congratulations to Shannon, one of the co-hosts, for making all the way to the end, too! She took third. You can see all the fabulous prizes we won HERE.
Now the part I’m sure you’ve been waiting for! Let’s see who was featured this week!
This is my pick this week.
Fairy Garden – A Vintage Umbrella
I love all of the fairy gardens I’ve been seeing everywhere. I would love to make one myself. This one is just so adorable and has a lot of fun miniature features. Perfect for a garden fairy to call home!
Here are the features from all five co-hosts.
1. Shannon’s pick: Messenger Bag – Handmade Frenzy
2. Heather’s pick: Adorable Dress for Little Girls – Will Cook for Shoes
3. Randi’s pick: Pallet Sign – Two Girls and a Glue Gun
4. Brianna’s pick: Fairy Garden – The Vintage Umbrella
5. Britney’s pick: Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs – I Dig Pinterest
Ready to join the party?! Make sure you follow the co-hosts and me via email or Facebook. You’ll be notified of future parties and party features. That just might be you!
Please read and follow the rules before adding your link.
- You may link up to 3 projects that YOU have made. Please no repeats.
- Link DIRECTLY to your post and NOT to your main blog URL.
- Please no giveaways, stores, promotions, items for sale, roundups, or posts that do not belong to you.
- Add the party button or a visible link to your blog’s sidebar or party page. You can find them in my sidebar on the right. This way others can find the party and join in! If you’ve been featured, grab the feature button!
- Follow your co-hosts and me via email or social media. This way you’ll be notified of featured projects and when the next party starts.
- Please be kind, and visit other links. Be extra kind and leave them a comment!
*By submitting your link you are authorizing all of the co-hosts and me to post your projects and pictures as a feature and on various social media websites along with links to your post. I have the right to delete links that do not adhere to the rules.
On Display Monday link parties will start on Mondays and end on Fridays.
Click the frog to add your link!