I love this quote, and knew for a while that I wanted to make some kind of wall art with it and hang it where I do my crafting. I really like the reverse stenciling technique, where your fill color is under the stencil and your background color gets applied around it. An easy way to do this with letter stenciling is to use stickers. I really like this sticker pack you can get from Oriental Trading Company. It comes with 12 sheets of stickers. Each one has several letters of the alphabet, symbols, and punctuation. They also come with 3 different letter sizes and several styles. So they are perfect for creating a unique looking quote.
3. acrylic paint
4. painting supplies
5. painter’s tape (optional)
1. Paint your canvas however you would like and let it dry completely. This will be the color of your letters. If you want each line of the quote to be a different color, measure, and paint stripes. You can get really creative with this step! I chose to make mine look like Earth, to match the theme of my quote.
2. Spell out your words using the stickers. I found that these stickers aren’t very sticky, so I used a hairdryer to melt the sticker glue a little once they were in place. For stubborn stickers, I applied a really thin layer of Mod Podge under them and around the edges. I also added some strips of vinyl so more of the first layer would show through. You could also use painter’s tape.
Oriental Trading Company is my go-to place for online craft supplies. They have over 30,000 products in hundreds of categories. Besides craft supplies, you can find party, wedding, scrapbooking, teaching, holiday, Sunday School, VBS, kids’ craft supplies, and so much more!
If you haven’t heard of Oriental Trading Company before, a visit to their site will definitely be worth your time! Everything is affordable, and they have a Lowest Price Guarantee.
Here are some great links to get you started:
1. Shop OTC
2. Sign up for email savings
3. Request a free catalog
4. Sign up for Oriental Trading Rewards
5. Explore free project ideas
**This post is sponsored by Oriental Trading Company. I received a gift card to put toward products for review. No other compensation was received. All opinions and reviews are written with complete honesty. The entirety of this post is comprised of my own thoughts and words.**
Here are some other wall art projects you might enjoy:
Remember, if you post about this project, please be sure to give me credit and link back to me or grab a button from the sidebar. Thanks!
Your opinions and thoughts mean a lot to me. I would love for you to leave me a comment below. Thanks for stopping by today!